When fresh fruit is in season, I try and use it as much as possible for most of my meals, either the fruit by itself in its entirety or included as an main ingredient in the recipe [hear, hear.. as if you couldn’t make out from my entries].
So for the summer it is mango and peach (obviously) and more specifically mango. Nothing against the peaches, I still have ’em stocked up, but mangoes being my favorite fruit will dominate this blog at least for a week more.
I make my own yogurt at home and on the very day it is made, I prefer using it for something fancy when it all set very solid. Fresh fruit and freshly set yogurt- here comes Mango graham crackers parfait as an afternoon snack for my little one and of course me too.
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup diced mango
- 2 mangoes- pureed in a blender
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Graham crackers- 1/4 cup (I used the breakfast style Graham crackers- Three Sisters brand)
- Sweetned coconut flakes- optional
- Crush together crackers and sugar in a bowl
- For the parfait, place some mango puree in a glass followed by the yogurt. Add some fresh fruit followed by the graham crackers.
- Repeat till all the yogurt and the puree is used up.
- Top off with some diced fruit and some crackers.
- Sprinkle some coconut flakes and serve.