Refreshing drink for warmer days. Lemonade/limeade is a routine for us on warmer days. I must admit that I have never tried Strawberry lemonade before, but after seeing a very tempting picture on pinterest, I decided to give it a shot and I am glad I did. Apart from the taste being a winning point for this drink, I fell in love with the colors and I am super glad that the pictures turned out much better than I expected.
- Simple Syrup: 2 cups water and 1 cup sugar
- Strawberry Puree: Fresh Strawberries- 1 cup, blend with a cup of water.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup cold water
- lemon slices and sliced strawberries (optional)
- In a saucepan over high heat, mix together the water and the sugar. Cook until the sugar dissolves and it becomes a clear syrup. Remove from heat, add lemon zest and leave to cool. The syrup will be a lovely clear yellow color from the lemon.
- Puree strawberries with a cup of water (strain the pulp- an optional step, I did not).
- Add the lemon juice, 1 cup water, and lemon and strawberry slices . Mix in the strawberry puree and the sugar syrup until well combined. Adjust according to taste.
- Serve over ice.