I am back after a much needed break. My ill-health last few days has resulted in an incredible increase on unwanted weight ( I am not kidding when I say, I put on close to 11 pounds in a week, not at all good, I know). I feel much better right now and have decided it is time to let go of the extra pounds that I gained.
Let the “diet” begin 🙂
This particular recipe is easy to make, colorful and quite wholesome by itself.
- 1 cup long grain rice (I used Basmati)
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes- skinned and chopped
- Salt and pepper- to taste
From the original recipe:
- 6 Tbsp low-fat French or Tomato Dressing
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- Place the dressing and mustard in a screw top jar and mix well.
Note: I used my own tomato home-made dressing:
- Heat 2 Tbsp olive oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, let them splutter, add chopped tomato and a handful of coriander. Cook till soft, add some salt and red chilli powder and blend till smooth.
- Cook the rice in a pan of lightly salted boiled water for 10 min until tender but not overly cooked.
- Drain the rice, rinse under cold running water and drain again. Cool completely
- Place rice in a large serving bowl. Add the chopped vegetables.
- Stir the dressing into the rice and adjust seasoning per taste.