Nothing is more refreshing than a fresh sprigs of mint leaves. Have it in the lemonade or any dessert, it just enhances the flavor. The same applies for this comforting (one-pot meal again). This dish has all the winning points- easy to make and is also tantalizing to your taste buds.
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 1 onion (cut into fine long slices)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh mint
- 2-3 green chili
- Cooking rice: Combine the rice (1 cup), water (1 1/2 cups), and a pinch of salt in a medium pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, turn the heat to low as possible and simmer till the rice is done. Move to a cold surface, spread over a platter and let cool (the idea is to have every grain separate).
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil. Once hot, add mustard seeds and let them pop (optional).
- Add onion and fry till golden. Remove them with a slotted spoon and set aside
- Puree, chilis, tomato and mint. Add salt.
- Heat 2 Tsps of oil in the same pan and add in the tomato-mint puree. Fry till oil starts leaving sides.
- Lower the heat, add in cooked rice and mix gently.
- Remove from heat. Mix in the fried onion and fluff with fork.
- Garnish with coriander and serve with spiced yogurt or papadam