I did not think I will write about Avocados in my second post. Not that I did not think, it just that I would not have written had I not tried these super inviting stuffed avocados.
I never liked Avocados. That is until now. Guacamole of course is an exception, always loved it. While Dear H loves avocados, I hated them and every time I buy an avocado thinking to satiate the poor guy’s appetite, they would end up in the bin for lack of usage. And one fine day, I was flipping through a cookbook (duh!!) in B&N while dear H was at the cash register, I happened to glance a stuffed avocado recipe with pictures so amazing. And, it was apparent then that the poor avocados will find their way into our tummies and dear H was in for a treat.
It is simple, colorful, flavorful and filling:
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 Large tomato
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 1 Red bell pepper
- Shredded Mozarella Cheese- 1 cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the peppers and tomato and set aside
- Carefully half the ripe avocados (it is essential that the avocados a little ripe. I used the shell of avocado for my stuffing)
- Discard the seed. Carefully remove the pulp taking care of preserving the avocado shell.
- Cut or mash the pulp and mix with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add in the shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 C for 15-20 min.